Monday, January 28, 2008

Words of wisdom and kindness

As the first post for our week of wise womanhood, I am very blessed to be able to share with you this wonderful guest post from Deb of Mountain Musings. Deb shares about the someone who has blessed her through wise and kind words. I have benefitted from Deb's words of wisdom and kindness as well, through her blog and through the advice she gave me (upon request) as I began married life.

She opens her mouth with wisdom,
And on her tongue is the law of kindness. ~ Proverbs 31:26

I feel very honored that Sherrin asked me to consider writing a guest post for this week's focus on "Becoming a Woman of Wisdom." After praying about what to write, the Lord laid the above verse on my heart and brought to mind someone who exhibits this verse in her life. The friend I'm thinking of is very gifted in speaking words of encouragement and kindness and is a true example of the woman the Lord teaches us to be like in Proverbs 31.

I first met Sherri via her daughter's blog a couple of years ago. Even though I didn't know her very well at the time, she blessed me through her comments and emails. This past summer our families were allowed to meet in person when they traveled through our state. I was drawn to Sherri's peaceful manner and by the light of the Lord on her face as we conversed.

After being a recipient of her weekly emails of scriptural encouragement she writes and sends to her family and friends, I can tell she is a woman of great faith and wisdom. I've gained insight from her writings on Wisdom for Decision Making, Wisdom from Ecclesiastes, Virtue From Christ, and A More Excellent Way--Charity. Serving the Lord and relying on His wisdom are emphasized, and I look forward each week to what the Lord has laid on her heart.

Sherri's life is surely a sweet savor of Christ, and I am inspired to be more a student of the Word from her example.

For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of His mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. ~ Proverbs 2:6

No comments:

Post a Comment